Bingen has a Warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated (KöppenCsb) that is characterized by hot and dry summers, and cold, chilly rainy and snowy winters. In Bingen’s case the city experiences much warmer summers than locations near the coast such as Portland, but retains high winter rainfall associated with coastal locations. Daytime highs in summer are representative for areas with hot-summer-mediterranean climates, but is moderated by cool nights, causing high diurnal temperature variation.
Average temperatures range from 39 °F (4 °C) in January and 80 °F (27 °C) in July. Bingen on average has wet winters and dry summers, also representative for the region. Temperatures of above 32 °C (90 °F) are usual in summertimes, happening frequently.
Summer highs are extremely hot when compared to areas that are affected by coastal fog.
Johnson City is a city in Clackamas
United States. The population was 566 at the 2010 census. Because of its small
area, its population density is over 8,000 per square mile, making it the most
densely populated city in Oregon.
On June 16, 1970, the residents of a trailer court owned by Delbert Johnson voted 49-to-10
to incorporate. Johnson had started the development in 1959, and in 1968 was
unsuccessful in having the area annexed to Gladstone. The 55th Oregon Legislative Assembly in 1969 established a boundary review
board to prevent an increase in small-incorporated cities, but proponents of
Johnson City’s incorporation had filed for an election before the law took
As of the census of
2010, there were 566 people, 268 households, and 141 families residing in the
city. The population density was 8,085.7 inhabitants per
square mile (3,121.9/km2). There were 278 housing units
at an average density of 3,971.4 per square mile (1,533.4/km2). The
racial makeup of the city was 84.3% White, 0.4% African American,
1.4% Native American, 1.9% Asian, 7.4% from other races, and 4.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 15.4% of the population.
There were 268 households of which 19.8% had children under the
age of 18 living with them, 36.9% were married
couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no
husband present, 2.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 47.4%
were non-families. 40.3% of all households were made up of individuals and
14.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average
household size was 2.09 and the average family size was 2.84.
The median age in the city was 47.1 years. 18.7% of residents
were under the age of 18; 6.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 22.8% were
from 25 to 44; 33.8% were from 45 to 64; and 18.6% were 65 years of age or
older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.8% male and 51.2% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 634 people, 275 households,
and 169 families residing in the city. The population density was 11,061.5
people per square mile (4,079.8/km2). There
were 286 housing units at an average density of 4,989.9 per square mile
(1,840.4/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 93.69% White, 1.10% African
American, 1.10% Native American, 0.47% Asian, 1.58% from other races, and 2.05%
from 2 or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.79% of the
There were 275 households out of which 24.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.2% were non-families. 32.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.28 and the average family size was 2.84.
In the city, the population was spread out with 22.2% under the
age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 30.0% from 25 to 44, 26.5% from 45 to 64, and
15.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every
100 females, there were 98.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over,
there were 93.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $35,517, and
the median income for a family was $36,985. Males had a median income of
$32,500 versus $23,523 for females. The per
capita income for the city was $16,967. About 6.1% of families and 8.1%
of the population were below the poverty
line, including 9.9% of those under age 18 and 10.7% of those ages
65 or over.
Beaverton Airporter is an oldest company that services to the customers as PDX shuttle
airport, we introducing
the areas that Beaverton Airporter cover them find amazing information that
maybe you never hear about that. Such as history, transportation, weather and
Mt. Angel was originally settled in 1850 by Benjamin Cleaver,
who later planned a town site which he named Roy. In 1881, a railroad station
was established and named Fillmore after a railroad official. The following
year, a post office with the name of Roy was established, but neither name was
Rev. Fr. Adel helm Odermatt, O.S.B., came to Oregon in 1881 with a contingent of Benedictine monks
from Engelberg, Switzerland, in
order to establish a new American daughter house. After visiting several
locations, he found Lone Butte to be the ideal location for a new abbey, and
shortly afterwards ministered to several local Roman Catholic parishes, about the same time
large numbers of immigrants from Bavaria settled
in the area. Due to his efforts, the city, post office and the nearby elevation
Lone Butte came to be known as Mount Angel (an English translation of Engberg)
in 1883. He also established Mount
Angel Abbey, a Benedictinemonastery and
school, which was moved permanently to Mt. Angel in 1884.
The city of Mt. Angel was incorporated April 3, 1893. The post
office of Saint Benedict, Oregon, was established at the Abbey.
Mount Angel Abbey is still located on Mount Angel. The
original Kalapuyan name of the butte is Tapalamaho, which
translates to “Mount of Communion.” At the request of the Archbishop
of Oregon City, the abbey opened Mount Angel Seminary in 1889 for the training of
priests. The original wooden buildings at the foot of the butte were destroyed
by a fire in the 1890s, and another disastrous fire in 1926 consumed the second
monastery, an imposing five-story edifice of black basalt at the top of the
butte. The current monastery building was completed in 1928, and subsequent
structures followed, including a library built by Finnish architect Alvar Aalto in 1970. A bell tower was added to
the abbey church in 2007 which contains eight bells, one of which is the
largest swinging bell in the Pacific Northwest.
The Benedictine Sisters of Mt. Angel (the Queen of Angels
Monastery) were founded in 1882 and have been serving the Willamette Valley
ever since. They teach in schools and parishes; work as counselors, chaplains,
and pastoral associates; they are artisans, cooks, and gardeners. As a
community, the Benedictine Sisters sponsor two ministries, the Shalom Prayer
Center and the St. Joseph Shelter (https://www.benedictine-srs.com/).
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,286 people, 1,205 households, and
707 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,882.5 inhabitants per square mile
(1,112.9/km2). There were 1,282 housing units at an
average density of 1,124.6 per square mile (434.2/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 82.6% White, 0.5% African American, 1.0% Native
American, 0.5% Asian, 12.1% from other races, and 3.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 26.1% of the
There were 1,205 households of which 33.9% had children under
the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 10.3% had a female
householder with no husband present, 4.0% had a male householder with no wife
present, and 41.3% were non-families. 37.1% of all households were made up of
individuals and 27.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or
older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was
The median age in the city was 37.1 years. 27% of residents were
under the age of 18; 8.3% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 23.7% were from
25 to 44; 20% were from 45 to 64; and 20.9% were 65 years of age or older. The
gender makeup of the city was 48.3% male and 51.7% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,121 people, 1,059
households, and 661 families residing in the city. The population density was
3,264.3 people per square mile (1,255.2/km²). There were 1,124 housing units at
an average density of 1,175.6 per square mile (452.1/km²). The racial makeup of
the city was 75.65% White, 0.45% African American, 0.93% Native American, 0.19%
Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 17.85% from other races, and 4.84% from 2 or more races.
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 27.84% of the population.
There were 1,059 households out of which 35.5% had children
under the age of 18 living with them, 48.0% were married couples living
together, 10.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.5%
were non-families. 33.1% of all households were made up of individuals and
20.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average
household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.54.
In the city, the population was spread out with 30.2% under the
age of 18, 8.5% from 18 to 24, 25.1% from 25 to 44, 17.9% from 45 to 64, and
18.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every
100 females, there were 92.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over,
there were 85.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $36,293, and
the median income for a family was $45,650. Males had a median income of
$33,523 versus $21,442 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,535. About 10.3% of
families and 16.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.6% of those under age 18 and 20.2% of those ages
65 or over.
Colegio César Chávez was a college-without-walls
program that existed in Mt. Angel from 1973 until 1983. At the time, the
Colegio was the only four-year Latino college
in the country. The college was supported by Chicano activist Cesar
Chavez, who himself visited the college on two occasions. In
1978, the college graduated more Mexican
American students than Oregon State University and University of Oregoncombined. Cipriano Ferrel, who
would later found the Oregon farmworker’s union Pineros y
Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste, graduated from Colegio Cesar Chavez.
In the mid-1980s, the former Colegio grounds and building were purchased by a
private buyer and donated to the Benedictine sisters. The Benedictine sisters
now operate St. Joseph Shelter in the former Colegio building and dorms.
Beaverton Airporter hope you enjoy this
information and thanks for choose our company to transport from PDX or Transport
Maupin is named for Howard Maupin, a pioneer who had a farm and
ferry at the town’s location in the late 19th century. Originally named
Hunts Ferry after the owner of a ferry on the Deschutes River, the name was
changed to Maupin Ferry by town founder William H. Staats. The city’s name was
shortened to Maupin in about 1909.
As of the census of 2010, there were 418
people, 199 households, and 113 families residing in the city. The population density was
about 299 inhabitants per square mile (115.4/km2). There
were 274 housing units at an average density of about 196 per square mile
(75.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 95.7% White,
American, 0.2% Asian,
0.2% Pacific Islander,
0.2% from other races,
and 2.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of
any race were 1.2% of the population.
were 199 households of which about 20% had children under the age of 18 living
with them, about 50% were married couples living
together, 3.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 3% had a male
householder with no wife present, and about 43% were non-families. About 41% of
all households were made up of individuals and about 21% had someone living
alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.98 and
the average family size was 2.65.
median age in the city was about 56 years. About 15% of residents were under
the age of 18; about 5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 15.5% were from 25
to 44; 32.8% were from 45 to 64; and about 32% were 65 years of age or older.
The gender makeup of the city was about 51% male and 49% female.
The only city located
directly on the beautiful lower Deschutes River. Maupin began as a river
crossing, then called Hunt’s Ferry, and later on evolved into a farming and
logging community. Maupin has retained it’s small town quality of life with a
community of 426 people. Aside from having direct access to recreational
opportunities on the lower Deschutes, Maupin is also just 45 minutes by car
Hood, the Columbia River Gorge and two hours
from Bend or Portland. Maupin is also an important center of services for the
southern Wasco County region. All of the schools for the South Wasco County
School District are located directly in town. In addition Maupin boasts a
robust tourism industry summer into fall and a steadily growing local business
Maupin established a
stopping place for travelers and in 1871 was the first postmaster of the town
of Antelope. He also had a farm at the forks of Trout Creek.
In the 1880’s his son
Commodore Perry Maupin established a ferry across the Deschutes near the mouth
of Bakeoven Creek. When Perry wanted to take on a new challenge, his parents
moved to Maupin and took over operation of the ferry. The ferry was later owned
be W.E. Hunt. East Maupin was referred to as Hunt’s Ferry for many years after
the ferry was gone.
The Deschutes Railroad
War took off in 1908. Hill’s Oregon Trunk Railway, building up the west side of
the river eventually reached the current site of Maupin and designated it
“Maupin’s Ferry” on the maps. Running a little behind, Harriman’s Deschutes
Railroad, building on the east side of the river, designated his side as
When W.H. Staats first
platted the town in 1908, he named it Maupin’s Ferry. The 1909 plat and the
first Post Office used the name Maupin. The railroads arrived in 1911 and the
first vehicle bridge was built in 1912, ending the need for a ferry.
The town’s proximity to the Atlantic
Ocean, and its location on the banks of the Royal
River, which empties into Casco Bay less
than a mile away, means it is a prime location as a harbor. Ships were built in
the harbor mainly between 1818 and the 1870s, at which point demand declined
dramatically. Meanwhile, the Royal River’s four waterfalls within Yarmouth,
whose Main Street sits about 80 feet above sea level, resulted in the
foundation of almost sixty mills between 1674 and 1931.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the
town has a total area of 22.94 square miles (59.41 km2), of
which 13.35 square miles (34.58 km2) (58%)
is land and 9.59 square miles (24.84 km2) (42%)
Traces of human occupation in the Yarmouth area date to about
2,000 BC. During the years prior to the arrival of the Europeans,
many Native American cultures
existed in the area, largely because of the natural features of the coastal
land. Rivers provided several resources, including food, fertile soil, power
for the mills and the navigability between the inland areas and the ocean.
In 1640, a 39-year-old Englishman, George Felt (b. 1601, d.
1693), who emigrated to Charlestown, Massachusetts, seven
years earlier, purchased 300 acres of land at Broad Cove from John Phillips (b.
1607, d. c. 1667), a Welshman, and in 1643 became one of the first European
settlers in Yarmouth. Felt went back to Massachusetts to sell his property
there, before returning to Broad Cove around 1660. In 1670 he bought 2,000 more
acres of land from Phillips.
Felt was married to Elizabeth, with whom he had six children:
Elizabeth (b. circa 1635), George (b. 1638, d. 1676), Mary (b. circa 1639),
Moses (b. 1641), Aaron and another Moses (b. circa 1651). In 1684, Felt moved
back to Massachusetts. He returned briefly, after 1678, when he was around 80
In 1646, Englishman William Royall (b. circa 1595, d. 1676)
purchased a farm at what is now the upscale Lambert Point, next to Redding
Creek, at the southern tip of Lambert Road, where he lived with his wife,
Phoebe Green. The Royal River has ever-since borne his name, minus the
second L, though two streets off Gilman Road — Royall Meadow Road
and Royall Point Road — carry the original spelling. This stream and its
vicinity were called by the Indians “Westcustogo” — a name that,
until the early 1990s, was preserved by an inn of the same name on Princes
Point Road at its intersection with Lafayette Street. (The building remains but
it is now occupied by another business.) Royall moved to Dorchester, Massachusetts, in
1675, a year before his death. John Cousins (b. circa 1596, d. 1682) had
arrived a year or more earlier than Royall, occupying the neck of land between
the branches of the stream which has since been called Cousins River, and
owning the island now also bearing his name.
By 1676, approximately sixty-five people lived in Westcustogo.
Soon after, however, conflicts forged by King Philip’s War caused them to abandon
their homes and move south.John
Cousins was injured and went to York,
Maine, to receive treatment. There, he lived with Mary Saywood, to
whom he later deeded his real estate in Casco Bay.
Also in 1676, George Felt Jr. was killed on Peaks
Island during the conflicts. Felt’s wife, Philippe, moved
to Salem, Massachusetts, where she married twice before
her death in 1709.
Some settlers returned to their dwellings in 1679, and within
twelve months the region became incorporated as North Yarmouth, the eighth town of the province of
In 1688, while the inhabitants on the eastern side of the river
were building a garrison, they were attacked by Indians, and
attempted a defense. They continued the contest until nightfall, when the
Indians retired. It was not long before they appeared again, in such force that
the thirty-six families of the settlement were forced to flee, abandoning their
homes for a second time.
Beaverton Airporter know Grand Trunk Railway Station(1906),
most recently (until 2018) a florist, is owned by Yarmouth’s Village Improvement
Society. The apsidal form of its northern end is found in no other Maine
station. The waiting room for the station stood on the land now occupied by
Hancock Lumber (formerly Yarmouth Market) and Bank of
America, as denoted by a plaque in the flowerbed of the properties
In 1961, the Yarmouth section of Interstate 295 was built. It runs elevated
through town (including, in controversial fashion, over the harborside at Lower
Falls). It has two exits (15 and 17) in the town. Exit 15 became a four-ramp
intersection in July 2013, when a northbound on-ramp was added.
In 1727, five local men — Samuel Seabury, James Parker, Jacob
Mitchell, Gershom Rice and Phineas Jones — were tasked with the management of the
new town. Their affairs included laying out the highways. Roads (or, at
least, routes) that appeared on subsequent maps are as follows (with today’s
In 1738, “a good road was built over the ledge from the
meeting-house to the mills at the first falls which, although it was abandoned
about 1800 for a less hilly course, may still be easily traced.”
1741: Atlantic Highway (now Route 88; which took a left onto
Pleasant Street), Gilman Road, Princes Point Road, Highlands Farm Road (leading
to Parker’s Point), Drinkwater Point Road (which led to two wharves), Morton
Road and Old Town Landing Road (which led to another wharf). Large lot owners
at the time included Walter Gendall, whose farm incorporated Duck Cove, beyond
Town Landing Road in today’s Cumberland Foreside (Cumberland was not
incorporated as its own town until 1821). Its dry stone boundary
is still intact. Welshman John Powell (b. c. 1669, d. 1742) had a farm
where today’s Schooner Ridge Road is. John Dabney’s 60-acre lot abutted this to
the east. Dabney was a town selectman in
1737. Felt had a lot at the foot of the northern end of Pleasant Street,
adjacent to Stony Brook. Royall’s farm, meanwhile, occupied the entire area
bisected by Bayview Street.
In 1756, “to accommodate the teams hauling lumber from the
great pine forests inland to the seaboard, a new more convenient way was laid
out by the way of Walnut Hill and the road constructed.”
In 1813, down at the First Falls, “the old road which
clambered laboriously over the crest of the hill was replaced by a new street
along the head of the wharves below the hill”. This is today’s Pleasant
Street. Later, Smith Street became an uninterrupted offshoot into Riverside
Cemetery until Lafayette Street was built, in the early 20th century, coming
down the hill closer to the harbor. (It was named Lafayette Street in honor of General Lafayette.)
By 1847, Portland Street was in full swing, including the Elm
Street offshoot that headed directly into the Upper Village. Main Street was,
by now, well established.
A 1944 map shows the Atlantic Highway coming through town,
aligning with what became Route 88 up to the point they meet at the end of
Spring Street. Prior to the installation of U.S. Route 1, today’s curve of
Route 88 as it passes Cumberland Farms instead continued directly north-east
towards Cousins River. The section of Atlantic Highway that runs from Princes
Point Road to the northern end of Pleasant Street was laid in the late 1920s.
Roswell P. Greeley (b. 1847, d. 1903) established an
express service between Portland and Yarmouth, employing a span of horses and
large wagons. Azel Kingsley (b. 1860, d. 1948) ran a supplemental
service minus the horses. It ran two services in each direction:
southbound at 7.30 and 11.30 AM and northbound at 3.00 and 5.00 PM.
Branch of the Maine Central Railroad received a new lease of life
in November 2012, when a northern extension of the Downeaster line
was opened, carrying passengers five times a day (four on weekends) to and
from Brunswick‘s Maine Street Station. The
trains pass under two roads and over three crossings on their way through
Yarmouth. They are (from south to north) West Main Street (overpass, just after
Royal Junction), Sligo Road (road crossing), East Elm Street (road crossing,
just after Yarmouth Junction), North Road (road crossing) and Granite Street
On weekdays, the trains pass through northbound at 12.03 PM
(#681), 4.03 PM (#683), 7.53 PM (#685), 9.18 PM (#687) and 1.23 AM (#689). On
weekends, they pass through at 1.23 PM (#691), 7.43 PM (#695), 10.23 PM (#697)
and 1.23 AM (#699).
Southbound weekday times: 4.50 AM (#680), 7.50 AM (#682), 11.30
AM (#684), 1.50 PM (#686) and 5.45 PM (#688). Weekend: 6.20 AM (#690), 7.50 AM
(#692), 11.40 AM (#694) and 6.25 PM (#698).
Trolley cars of the Portland and Yarmouth Electric Railway Company used to run, every fifteen minutes, from Portland, through Falmouth Foreside, up and down Pleasant Streetand onto Main Street between 1898 and 1933, when the advent of the automobile made rail travel a less convenient option. Underwood Spring Park in Falmouth Foreside, with its open-air theater, casino and gazebo, was a popular gathering spot serviced by the trolley cars. The theater only existed for eight years, burning down in 1907. In 1906, a bridge was built over the Royal River, connecting the Brunswick and Portland trolleys at the Grand Trunk depot in town. The tracks ran down what is today’s walkers’ path to the Rowe School. The pedestrian bridge in the Royal River Park is built on old abutments for a trolley line which ran between Yarmouth and Freeport between 1906 and 1933.
The only bus route that services the town is Greater Portland Metro’s BREEZ.
It has eleven southbound services to Portland and twelve northbound services to
Brunswick on weekdays and an abbreviated Saturday schedule. There is no service
On weekdays, the first southbound service arrives in Yarmouth at
around 6.20 AM and the last one at around 8.45 PM. The first northbound service
arrives at around 6.45 AM and the last one at around 9.50 PM.
On weekends, the first of six southbound services arrives at
around 9.45 AM and the last one at around 8.55 PM. The first of seven
northbound services arrives at around 8.30 AM and the last one at around 10.00
Prior to the arrival of
European immigrants in the 1800s, little is known about Native American
settlements in the Gaston area. What is known indicates that Native Americans in the area lived similarly to other Pacific Northwest tribes. In nearby Cherry Grove there are a few petroglyphs usually credited to the Atfalati tribe, which is a division of Kalapuya. Diseases such as
smallpox, malaria and influenza which were brought to North America by European
Settlers, decimated local native American population. By the time Europeans
began to significantly settle the region, as much as 90% of the original native
populations had been killed.
In the 1860s, the census
recorded only about 70 people in the Gaston area. Nonetheless, in 1866, the
first Gaston School was founded. In 1870, a new school was built near the
connecting road between Old Highway 47 and the new Highway 47. Initially students only attended school for three to six
months per year, later expanded to nine months. In 1871, as a stage coach line brought more settlers, and in anticipation of a
new rail line, railroad developer and town namesake Joseph Gaston set aside 2 acres (0.81 ha) of land on what was
then the edge of town for a school.
airport find in the early 1870s,
stagecoach and rail service was expanding rapidly in Washington County.
By 1872, a stop on the Portland – St. Joseph line in Patton Valley was
officially named Gaston. With a train stop, more people came and by 1873 a post office opened in the new town. The same year, the first
church, Gaston Congregational Church, was also built. In the 1880s, Joseph Gaston was
responsible for draining Wapato Lake, which lay in the valley around the rail stop, creating the
farmland that exists today. “Wapato” is a word from the local Indians
that refers to a water-based starchy root vegetable related to arrowroot sometimes called a “water
potato” in local English. Rail service ended in 1985 with the removal of
rails back to the junction to the Seghers spur.
PDX shuttle airport know The
addition of a spur line to the nearby Cherry Grove area for the construction of
a lumber mill in 1911 added significant
activity to the local economy, although it had to be shut down in 1913 during a
lumber market crash. The crash of 1913 notwithstanding, by 1916 Gaston had
added a bank, J.H. Wescott and Sons General Merchandise, Bell & Owens
General Mercantile Company, and other businesses.
In early May 1935 workers at the Stimson Mill
went on strike. On May 22, “twenty-five cars loaded with pickets left the
Labor Temple in Portland” to support the strikers. The next morning
Martin ordered the state police and National Guard to protect
the strikebreakers. Armed with gas grenades and machine guns, the military and
police forces demanded the strikers leave or be shot. The strikers chose to
disperse, averting a potential bloodbath. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1
(503) 760 6565 PDX
In 1915 a new high school
was built on the land Joseph Gaston had previously set aside for a school. That
high school was in use through the 1986–87 school year, when it was condemned. The condemning of the building
became a crucial local issue for the town, with residents split between merging
with a nearby district (both Forest Grove and Yamhill were considered), and
building a new high school. In the end, a new high school was built and Gaston
retained its independent school system and with it a degree of local pride. Currently
the Gaston School District is a full K–12 district, with 525 students total in
2007, and a single high school.
The growing popularity of Portland and the Pacific Northwest in general has
led to population growth throughout the region. Though too far from Portland to
benefit much at first, recently Gaston has started to see new housing and an
uptick in school registrations. The late 1980s brought a new fire station and the 1990s baseball/softball-oriented park. Just
after 2000, a new post office was built on the edge of town. Thus far, the town
has not been able to effectively capitalize on the local wine industry’s
growing national and international recognition. In 2006, the mayoral candidate
advocated obtaining state or federal funding to revitalize the commercial strip on Main Street which, in theory, could help the city
capture some of the wine tourism dollars.
There were 241 households of which 36.9% had
children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.8% were married couples living together, 10.0%
had a female householder with no husband present, 6.6% had a male householder
with no wife present, and 33.6% were non-families. 25.3% of all households were
made up of individuals and 3.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of
age or older. The average household size was 2.64 and the average family size
was 3.18. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1
(503) 760 6565 PDX
The median age in the city was 35.2 years. 26.7% of residents
were under the age of 18; 9.5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 26.7% were
from 25 to 44; 31.2% were from 45 to 64; and 6% were 65 years of age or older.
The gender makeup of the city was 51.2% male and 48.8% female.
PDX shuttle airport base on wiki find as of the
census of 2000, there were 600 people, 196 households, and 139 families
residing in the city. The population density was 2,691.7 people per square mile
(1,053.0/km²). There were 204 housing units at an average density of 915.2 per
square mile (358.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 88.33% White, 0.83%
Native American, 0.17% Asian, 7.00% from other races, and 3.67% from 2 or more
races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.50% of the population. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1
(503) 760 6565 PDX
There were 196 households out of which 44.9%
had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.0% were married couples
living together, 14.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and
28.6% were non-families. 25.0% of all households were made up of individuals
and 3.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average
household size was 3.06 and the average family size was 3.73.
In the city, the population was spread out with 37.7% under the
age of 18, 9.5% from 18 to 24, 30.7% from 25 to 44, 18.2% from 45 to 64, and
4.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 28 years. For every
100 females, there were 104.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over,
there were 90.8 males.
The median income for
a household in the city was $36,458, and the median income for a family was
$42,031. Males had a median income of $31,641 versus $25,833 for females.
The per capita income for
the city was $17,758. About 9.8% of families and 11.1% of the population were
below the poverty line,
including 21.3% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Gladstone is proud of the plethora of available activities for
outdoor enthusiasts with parks, walking-friendly neighborhoods, bike trails,
ball fields, nature observatories, community gardens, and boarders both the
Willamette and Clackamas rivers, with a boat ramp for water enthusiasts. Easter
egg hunts, ice cream socials, hot dog feeds, movie in the park, and the
Community Festival are just a few of the annual events that even our
youngest residents look forward to.
In the subsequent years, successive waves of explorers and
traders would introduce epidemics of cholera and smallpox, which
would take a heavy toll on the native peoples and contributed to a substantial
reduction in population.
As Oregon City was founded and European settlers began
moving to the area, they petitioned their governments to remove the local
natives from the land, so that the settlers could use it for farming and
housing. The government allocated a reservation for the natives and re-appropriated
Gladstone for redevelopment.
As of 2014, the only extant remnant of the bygone natives is a
large maple tree called the “Pow Wow Tree“,
which is listed as an Oregon Heritage Tree. The
tree still stands at Clackamas Boulevard, and is said to have marked the place
where the different native tribes,
mainly Clackamas and Multnomahs, met to make trading agreements, settle
community affairs, and conduct wedding ceremonies. In 1860, the Pow-Wow Tree
was the location set for the first Clackamas County Fair. The following year,
it was used as a parade ring for the first Oregon
State Fair and marked the entrance. In 1937, the tree itself was
celebrated with the Gladstone Pow-Wow Festival. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503)
760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
The earliest homesteads in the area were recipients of the Donation Land Claim Act. The Cason and the Rinearson
families were the first settlers to receive their donation land claims in
Gladstone. Peter M. Rinearson and his family owned the land between Jennings
Lodge and the Clackamas River, and between the Willamette River and Portland
Avenue. Fendal Cason, who came to Oregon in 1843 and would go on to serve
on in the Oregon Territorial
Legislature, owned an area of equal in size east of Portland Avenue.
Unsuccessful early townships
Before Gladstone was formally founded, several small settlements
were established in its vicinity. However, due to various natural disasters, such
as fires and floods, few survived to become incorporated cities of today.
http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503)
760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
One such community was Linn City (originally
named Robin’s Nest). Settled in 1843 by Robert Moore, Robert himself built
four flour and lumber mills along the banks of the Willamette. Warehouses,
homes, and mills were steadily added until 1861, when a fire destroyed several
of the buildings. Efforts at rebuilding the small town entirely ceased when
the Great Flood of 1862 struck, wiping out the remaining
Another such ill-fated settlement was Canemah, located near the Willamette
Falls. Canemah prospered until 1861, when the same great flood swept
most of the town over the falls. Even after reconstruction, much of the town’s
importance to river commerce ended in 1873 with completion of the Willamette Falls Locks. Ships no longer needed to dock
and unload goods and passengers for portage around
the falls. The remaining town officially survived until 1929, when it was
annexed to Oregon City. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503)
760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
Founding of Gladstone
Cross (1856-1927), founder of Gladstone Oregon
Gladstone was founded by Judge Harvey Cross in 1889, and
formally incorporated on January 10, 1911. It was named after the British
statesman William Ewart Gladstone. Judge Cross laid out the
city’s first streets. Cross’ home was built in the late 1840s by Fendal Cason,
and Cross purchased it in 1862. The Cason-Cross House later became Cochran
Mortuary. Currently, Mr.
Rooter, a plumbing service, occupies the space. There is also a
small park named after Cross, located at the same place one of the Indian
tribes made its camp. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503)
760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
In 1894, the Chautauqua movement
made its way to Gladstone. Judge Cross established a fifty-year lease of
Gladstone Park for this event after he was convinced by Oregon City
author Eva Emery Dye that doing so would be a
boon to the city and its people. Beginning on July 24–26, 1894, the newly
formed Willamette Valley Chautauqua Association held an annual summer assembly
that offered performances, lectures, and concerts. This event would
reoccur annually, until Gladstone’s Chautauqua Park grew to be the
third-largest permanent Chautauqua assembly park in the United States. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503)
760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
In 1896, William Jennings Bryan drew a crowd of 6,000 to
Gladstone’s then 78-acre Chautauqua park to hear him give his popular lecture,
“The Prince of Peace”, which stressed that Christian theology,
through both individual and group morality, was a solid foundation for peace
With the advent of radio, improved transportation and the
appearance of traveling vaudeville acts
in Portland, attendance at the Chautauqua began to dwindle. In 1927, the
Willamette Valley Chautauqua Association went bankrupt. Judge Cross died on
August 7, 1927, and shortly thereafter, Gladstone Park, including its buildings
and Chautauqua Lake, were sold to the Western Oregon Conference of Seventh-day
Some polling data suggests that Gladstone citizens are satisfied
with city services they receive and a large majority consider Gladstone a
particularly “good/excellent” place to live. Perhaps reflecting
this support, the police, fire, and medical services levy renewal measures were
overwhelmingly approved by voters in November 2012.
Gladstone is served by the Gladstone School District, which
includes John Wetten Elementary School, Kraxberger Middle School, and Gladstone High School. In
2006, a bond was passed to allow approximately $40 million worth of construction on
the three schools. The majority (approx. 26 million) of the money was
applied towards a remodel of the high school. The district later
refinanced the bond, saving taxpayers over 5 percent on its total ($805,040),
with savings to begin in the 2024 tax year.
The city operates a library that is part of the Library Information Network
of Clackamas County. In 2012, the city council approved plans for a new $10 million
library, but ballot measures backed by the group Save Gladstone blocked the
financing and construction pending specific voter approval. The city then
placed a new measure on the November 2014 ballot for a $6.4 million option.
Gladstone is within the TriMet transportation district, and transit
service in the city is provided by TriMet bus routes 32-Oatfield, 33-McLoughlin/King
Road, 34-Linwood/River Road, and 79-Clackamas/Oregon City, as
well as rush-hour express route 99-Macadam/McLoughlin.
something about America’s most beautiful waterfalls that makes them worth the
chase, whether a road trip to a new destination or an overnight hike in one of
country’s magnificent national parks. From stunning chutes of water jutting
from tropical cliffs to gentle tumbles down the side of a glacier, here are the
most beautiful waterfalls in the USA that should definitely make your bucket
When visiting Portland, Oregon, discover
Multnomah Falls and the Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls, the top-ranked
attractions in the area, during this guided tour. Travel along the
historic Columbia River Highway National Scenic Byway, the first scenic highway
in the US to be named a National Historic Landmark. Stop at the magnificent
Multnomah Falls, a 611-foot-tall (186-meter-tall) waterfall, plus the Columbia
River Gorge National Scenic Area, including Latourell Falls and Bridal Veil
Falls. All entrance fees, plus a Portland hotel pickup and drop-off are
Quality and quantity collide at Silver Falls State Park in
Sublimity, Oregon, where the 7.2-mile long Trail of Ten Falls takes you past 10
amazing waterfalls in a row. The trail may be most famous for South Falls, a
tall cascade whose unique position allows you to walk directly behind the
waterfall for a look at the side less seen. Tack the trip onto your Portland
itinerary by joining a guided day trip to Silver Falls
Niagara Falls | New York
The king of
America’s most beautiful waterfalls, visiting Niagara Falls is a surefire
bucket-list experience. Three magnificent falls, two American and one
Canadian, mark the point at which the Niagara River rumbles over the Niagara
Escarpment. Reviewers claim that the scenic attraction is “Heaven on
Earth…Everyone should visit the fall at least once in their lifetime. Words
cannot describe the feeling or the euphoria of being there.”
Known as the
“Niagara of the South,” Cumberland Falls in Corbin, Kentucky is a 125-foot wide
vail of gushing blue-green water in Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. The
falls are easily accessed from a pair of viewing platforms located right off
the highway, but hiking trails give you the option to make a full day of the
visit. Plan your trip on a full moon for the chance to see a moon bow, a
rainbow caused from the strength of the light reflecting off the falls and the
A 20th-century stone bridge strung between two cliffs offers the
best views of Multnomah Falls, one of the most famous waterfalls in all of
Oregon. Stand on the bridge to admire views of the 542-foot tall upper tier and
69-foot tall lower tier from a single vantage point, providing a contrast that
puts the falls’ sheer size into perspective. See the falls on their own, or
combine with a trip to the historic Multnomah Falls Lodge. The falls make an
ideal Portland day trip when combined with other Columbia River
What to Expect
With PDX shuttle airport Visit the beautiful Columbia River
Gorge! Your adventure will take place along the Historic Columbia
River National Scenic Byway, where some of the locations we may stop
include: Portland Women’s Forum, Crown Point Vista House, Latourell Falls,
Multnomah Falls, and Shepperd’s Dell.
You tour will start with the view from Portland Women’s Forum. This
location is absolutely breathtaking and it’s one of the best spots to soak
in a view of one of the most beautiful places on earth: the magnificent,
awesome Columbia River Gorge.
Next, PDX shuttle airport will stop at Crown Visit Point House with a
complete overlook of the Gorge region. Crown Point Vista House, best
known of the scenic lookouts along the Historic Columbia River Highway,
provides a panoramic view of the Columbia River. The Crown Point Vista House
was built in 1916 and refurbished and completely remodeled in 2005.
Our next stop is Latourell Falls. This waterfall plunges 249′ over a massive
wall of columnar basalt, some of the best formations in the Pacific Northwest,
before cascading hastily toward the Columbia River. This waterfall is usually
most recognized for the large patch of bright yellow lichen adorning the cliff
face to the right of the falls, and this characteristic has led many famous
photographers to this captivating location. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503)
760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
Other waterfalls we may stop at while driving
on the Historic Columbia River Highway include:
Sheppherd’s Dell- In 1915, a local dairy farmer named George
Shepperd gave all that he had (this tract of land) to the City of Portland as a
memorial to his wife. The upper fall is around 42′ tall. The lower tier is
around 50′ tall.
Bridal Veil Falls- Beautiful Bridal Veil
Falls is an elegant and graceful lady that can be fully appreciated from the
deck of a viewing platform rebuilt in 1996. The creek hustles down from the top
of nearby Larch Mountain, tumbles over the cliff and eventually flows into the
mighty Columbia River.
Next we will drive to Multnomah Falls. According to Native American lore,
Multnomah Falls was created to win the heart of a young princess who wanted a
hidden place to bathe. Multnomah Falls is the most visited natural
recreation site in the Pacific Northwest with more than 2 million stopping
by each year to take in the views! Fed by underground springs from Larch
Mountain, the flow over the falls varies, but is usually highest during winter
and spring. This is also one of the best places in the Columbia River Gorge
National Scenic Area to study geology exposed by floods.
Return to Portland and drop off at downtown Portland hotels.
Season is here, and I’ve been sharing itinerary ideas to help get you started.
So far we’ve hit the southeast with an America’s Best Barbecue pilgrimage and the northeast
with a New England’s Literary Treasures itinerary. Up next: The
side of Portland lie the
Willamette Valley’s vineyards that produce some of the country’s best pinot
noirs. It’s a greener, more rustic version of Napa; the vineyards are less
manicured, the mood more relaxed. On the other side of the city lie dramatic
gorges and waterfalls where the Columbia River cuts through the Cascade
Mountains. You could spend a week oohing and aahing your way along the back
roads in this part of the country. Heck, you could even take a few summer ski
runs down a volcano, on the only slopes in the U.S. that are open year-round. If you’ve only got a weekend,
though, you can base yourself in Portland and still get a flavorful taste of
the area. Here’s how:
Portland (1), head southwest on 99W into the Willamette Valley, stopping at any
of the many picturesque wineries whose vistas and tasting rooms will
beckon. Ponzi Vineyards (2) is a must—you can taste
leading pinots and pick up some Ponzi Reserve for a picnic lunch later—as
is Beaux Freres (3) (email ahead to make an
appointment for a tour and tasting). At lunchtime, grab some local provisions
and head to Erath Vineyards (5) for your picnic with
sweeping views of the Jory Hills of Dundee. Don’t miss Domaine Drouhin (6) and Archery Summit (7) en route to McMinnville, a
hub of excellent shops and restaurants. Choose Nick’s Italian Café (8), an Oregon wine country
institution, where you can shoot pool with local winemakers and taste any wines
you may have missed in the vineyards. Drive—carefully—back to Portland.
head east along the historic Columbia
River Gorge Scenic Highway (1). Make quick pit stops at the Portland Women’s Forum State Scenic
in Corbett and at Vista House (3) at Crown Point for the
stunning views of towering cliffs and waterfalls. Consider a morning hike to
the top of Multnomah Falls (4), a 542-foot plume that
plummets into a forest grotto, or along the Eagle Creek Trail to Metlako Falls
and Punch Bowl Falls (5). At the town of Hood River,
if it’s a clear day, make the 25-mile detour to Lost Lake (6) for its spectacular views
of Mount Hood, the greatest of the Oregon Cascades. Continue south on Route 35
through the fruit orchards of the Hood River Valley, stopping to pick your own
apples, cherries, peaches, and tomatoes. Where Route 35 meets Highway 26, make
a quick detour to Timberline Lodge (7), a National Historic
Landmark that you might recognize from the movie “The Shining.” (If you had
more time, you could squeeze in the aforementioned summer skiing.) Back on 26,
wend your way west, through forest and Cascades, back to Portland.
The city encompasses 15.5 square miles (40 km2) and is on a plateau, at an elevation of 3,077 feet (938 m). Redmond is 15 miles (24 km) north of Bend—the county seat of Deschutes County—144 miles (232 km) from Portland, 129 miles (208 km) from Salem—the capital of Oregon—and 126 miles (203 km) from Eugene.
Redmond was named after Frank T. Redmond, who settled in the area in 1905. It was platted in 1906 by a company which would become part of Central Oregon Irrigation District building a canal. Electrification and the Oregon Trunk Railway reached Redmond in 1911. The rail link opened markets for farmers and merchants. By 1930, the town had grown to 1,000 and by 1940 had nearly doubled. In the 1940s, Redmond was a U.S. Army Air base and commercial air service was established at Roberts Field after World War II. In the 1950s, 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s, the population remained relatively static, growing slowly around a small commercial/retail center and manufacturing industry. However, during the 1990s, the population began to grow along with most of Deschutes County.Transportation to PDXknow between 2000 and 2006, Redmond’s population grew 74.3%, making it among Oregon’s fastest-growing cities each year. This growth continued through 2006, increasing the population to 23,500. Its growth is fueled by employment and a lower cost of living.
There were 9,947 households of which 38.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.7% were married couples living together, 13.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 31.7% were non-families. 24.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.07.
The median age in the city was 33.9 years. 27.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 28.8% were from 25 to 44; 21.9% were from 45 to 64; and 12.7% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.3% male and 51.7% female.
A BNSF main line runs north-south through the city; there are numerous spurs off of the main line which serve industrial rail customers. The closest Amtrak service is in the town of Chemult, approximately 75 miles (121 km) to the south; this station is served by the Coast Starlight route.