PDX shuttle airport understand it’s big point there were 347 households of which 35.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.3% were married couples living together, 10.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 19.0% were non-families. 14.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.06.
The median age in the city was 38.9 years. 23.6% of residents were under the age of 18; 8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 26.7% were from 25 to 44; 31.9% were from 45 to 64; and 9.7% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.2% male and 49.8% female.
Downtown Portland is almost a perfect model for what today’s larger city should look like. Set along the banks of the Willamette, the downtown core is clean and modern with a financial district, well-patronized downtown shopping and several parks. Just north is the more historic Pearl District, anchored by the restored Portland Union Station tail hub and its famous “Go By Train” neon sign at the top.
The surrounding streets are studded with small restaurants and businesses in well-maintained older brick buildings. The downtown population is steadily growing with new riverfront high-rise units and a number of Pearl District residential developments. The city has excellent destination museums, cultural amenities and entertainment venues in an interesting blend of modern and historic facilities.
PDX shuttle airport know Cornelius is a city in Washington County, Oregon, United States. The population was 9,652 at the 2000 census. The 2007 estimate is 10,895 residents.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.9 km²), all of it land.
PDX shuttle airport find As of the census of 2000, there were 9,652 people, 2,880 households, and 2,246 families residing in the city. The population density was 5,095.9 people per square mile (1,971.8/km²). There were 3,003 housing units at an average density of 1,585.5 per square mile (613.5/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 37.39% White, 0.76% African American, 1.24% Native American, 1.04% Asian, 0.28% Pacific Islander, 24.32% from other races, and 3.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 68.61% of the population.
PDX shuttle airport know The first post office in the area was Ekins, established in 1881. Dundee is named in honor of the birthplace of William Reid, Dundee, Scotland. Reid came to Oregon in 1874 to establish the Oregonian Railway, and made several extensions to the railroad in the western Willamette Valley. The Ekins post office was closed in 1885 and a new office opened in 1887, named “Dundee Junction”. The name derived from plans to build a bridge across the Willamette River for the railroad, which would have called for a junction at Dundee between the west railroad and the new east railroad. The bridge was never built, however, and the post office was renamed “Dundee” in 1897.
There were 1,136 households of which 41.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.4% were married couples living together, 8.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 23.8% were non-families. 19.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.78 and the average family size was 3.15.
The median age in the city was 36.7 years. 27.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 6.7% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 29.3% were from 25 to 44; 26.1% were from 45 to 64; and 10.2% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.3% male and 49.7% female.
French Prairie settlers built a log church near this locale in 1836. On January 6, 1839, Father (later Archbishop) Blanchet celebrated the first Catholic mass in Oregon at St. Paul, when he blessed the log church and dedicated it to St. Paul.
As of the census of 2010, there were 421 people, 147 households, and 113 families residing in the city. PDX shuttle airport find the population density was 1,451.7 inhabitants per square mile (560.5/km2). There were 151 housing units at an average density of 520.7 per square mile (201.0/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 94.1% White, 0.5% Native American, 4.8% from other races, and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.7% of the population.
There were 147 households of which 43.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.0% were married couples living together, 6.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 23.1% were non-families. 20.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.86 and the average family size was 3.28. http://beavertonairporter.com/ +1 (503) 760 6565 PDX shuttle airport
The median age in the city was 38 years. 30.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 4.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 26.5% were from 25 to 44; 25.7% were from 45 to 64; and 12.4% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 49.2% male and 50.8% female.
Best reason that PDX shuttle airport like and support this city is as of the census of 2010, there were 135 people, 44 households, and 35 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,700.0 inhabitants per square mile (1,042.5/km2). There were 45 housing units at an average density of 900.0 per square mile (347.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 80.7% White, 0.7% African American, 0.7% Native American, 14.1% from other races, and 3.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.8% of the population.
There were 44 households of which 36.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.4% were married couples living together, 11.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 20.5% were non-families. 20.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.07 and the average family size was 3.43.
The median age in the city was 38.4 years. 29.6% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 23% were from 25 to 44; 26.7% were from 45 to 64; and 12.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.9% male and 51.1% female.
Portland is situated midway between a low coastal range to the west and the higher Cascade Range to the east, each starting their rise about 30 miles from the city that support with PDX shuttle airport. Both ranges are visible from the city. The natural landscape is heavily forested with large, coniferous trees. The climate is marine with a strong winter rainfall pattern. Almost 90% of annual precipitation occurs October through May. July and August are almost completely dry. There are only 5 days each year with measurable snow. The winter season is characterized by relatively mild temperatures, cloudy skies, and rain. Occasional cold spells with snow and freezing rain can occur when continental air invades. Summer produces pleasantly mild temperatures, northwesterly winds, and very little precipitation. First freeze is early November, last is early May.
As of the census of 2010, there were 918 people, 336 households, and 256 families residing in the city one of the reason that PDX shuttle airport support this area. The population density was 1,912.5 inhabitants per square mile (738.4/km2). There were 349 housing units at an average density of 727.1 per square mile (280.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 89.7% White, 0.5% African American, 0.9% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 6.3% from other races, and 2.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.9% of the population.
There were 336 households of which 37.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.0% were married couples living together, 7.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 23.8% were non-families. 18.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.12.
The median age in the city was 39.6 years. 27.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.5% were from 25 to 44; 31.8% were from 45 to 64; and 10.8% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.6% male and 48.4% female.
There were 1,223 households of which 46.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.4% were married couples living together, 16.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 7.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 28.0% were non-families. 20.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.11 and the average family size was 3.59.
The median age in the city was 30.7 years. 32.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.7% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 29.8% were from 25 to 44; 21.6% were from 45 to 64; and 7.5% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.9% male and 49.1% female.
There were 1,014 households out of which 38.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.9% were married couples living together, 16.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.8% were non-families. 23.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.76 and the average family size was 3.22.
In the city, the population was spread out with 28.6% under the age of 18, 10.2% from 18 to 24, 32.8% from 25 to 44, 19.7% from 45 to 64, and 8.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females there were 102.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $43,384, and the median income for a family was $48,167. Males had a median income of $31,577 versus $25,500 for females. The per capita income for the city was $17,833. About 6.9% of families and 8.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.9% of those under age 18 and 2.9% of those age 65 or over.
There are five accessible sections with PDX shuttle airport in Portland, Oregon and 95 officially recognized neighborhoods, each of which is represented by a volunteer-based neighborhood association. These associations serve as the liaison between residents and the city government, as coordinated by the city’s Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI). The city subsequently provides funding to this “network of neighborhoods” through district coalitions, which are groupings of neighborhood associations.
Downtown Portland lies in the Southwest section between the I-405 freeway loop and the Willamette River, centered on Pioneer Courthouse Square (“Portland’s living room”). Downtown and many other parts of inner Portland have compact square blocks (200 ft [60 m] on a side) and narrow streets (64 ft [20 m] wide), a pedestrian-friendly combination you now that support all of those areas by PDX shuttle airport .
Many of Portland’s recreational, cultural, educational, governmental, business, and retail resources are concentrated downtown, including:
The south Willamette riverfront along SW Macadam Ave., over 100 acres (0.4 km²) of former industrial land. This area is undergoing redevelopment as a mixed-use, high-density neighborhood, with an anticipated 2,700 residential units and 5,000 high-tech jobs after build-out.
Northwest Portland includes the Pearl District, most of Old Town Chinatown, the Northwest District, and various residential and industrial neighborhoods. A range of streets primarily in Northwest Portland is named alphabetically from Ankeny through York (the street following York is Reed Street). The street between Wilson and York was called “X Street” until it was renamed as Roosevelt Street. Burnside Street, the “B” in the sequence, divides the Northeast and Northwest quadrants of the city from the Southeast and Southwest.
The Pearl District is a recent name for a former warehouse and industrial area just north of downtown. Many of the warehouses have been converted into lofts, and new multistory condominiums have also been developed on previously vacant land. The increasing density has attracted a mix of restaurants, brewpubs, shops, and art galleries. The galleries sponsor simultaneous artists’ receptions every month, in an event known as First Thursday.
Between the Pearl District and the Willamette is the Old Town Chinatown neighborhood. It includes Portland’s Chinatown, marked by a pair of lions at its entrance at NW 4th Ave. and W Burnside St. and home to the Portland Classical Chinese Garden. Before World War II, this area was known as Japan Town; Chinatown was previously located just south of W. Burnside St. along the riverfront.
Farther west is the compact but thriving NW 21st and 23rd Avenue restaurant and retail area, the core of the Northwest District. Parts of this area are also called Uptown and Nob Hill. Nicknames include Snob Hill and Trendy Third. The residential areas adjacent to the shopping district include the Alphabet Historic District (with large Victorian and Craftsman homes built in the years before and shortly after 1900) and a large district centered on Wallace Park. The neighborhood has a mix of Victorian-era houses, apartment buildings from throughout the 20th century, and various businesses centered on Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center. The Portland Streetcar connects Nob Hill to downtown, via the Pearl.
West of the developed areas is the northern portion of Portland’s West Hills, including the majority of extensive Forest Park and the Willamette Heights, Hillside, Sylvan, Skyline and Forest Heights neighborhoods.
North Portland is a diverse mixture of residential, commercial, and industrial areas. It includes the Portland International Raceway, the University of Portland, and massive cargo facilities of the Port of Portland. Slang-names for it include “NoPo” (classist pun, shortened from North Portland) and “the Fifth Quadrant” (for being the odd-man out from the four-cornered logic of SE, NE, SW, and NW).
North Portland is connected to the industrial area of Northwest Portland by the St. Johns Bridge, a 2,067 ft (630.0 m) long suspension bridge completed in 1931 and extensively rehabilitated in 2003-05.
During World War II, a planned development named Vanport was constructed to the north of this section between the city limits and the Columbia River. It grew to be the second largest city in Oregon, but was wiped out by a disastrous flood in 1948. Columbia Villa, another wartime housing project in the Portsmouth Neighborhood, is being rebuilt; the renewed community opened in 2005 is known as New Columbia and offers public housing, rental housing, and single family home ownership units. Since 2004, a light rail line runs along Interstate Avenue, which parallels I-5, stopping short of crossing the Columbia River.
Northeast Portland contains a diverse collection of neighborhoods. For example, while Irvington and the Alameda Ridge feature some of the oldest and most expensive homes in Portland, nearby King is a more working-class neighborhood. Because it is so large, Northeast Portland can essentially be divided ethnically, culturally, and geographically into inner and outer sections. The inner Northeast neighborhoods that surround Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. were once predominantly African American, resembling typical urban inner-city environments found in most major U.S. cities. However, the demographics are now changing due to the process of gentrification. In 2010, the King neighborhood was 25.9% Black or African-American, a 41.3% decrease since 2000. Inner Northeast includes several shopping areas, such as the Lloyd District, Alberta Arts District (Portland, Oregon) and Hollywood, and part of the affluent Irvington, Alameda, Grant Park and Laurelhurst neighborhoods and nearby developments. The city plan targets Lloyd District as another mixed-use area, with high-density residential development.
Straddling the base of the borders of North and Northeast is the Rose Quarter. It is named after the Rose Garden, home of the Portland Trail Blazers (now named the Moda Center), and also includes the Blazers’ former home, the Memorial Coliseum. The Coliseum is the home to Portland’s hockey team, the Portland Winter Hawks, of the Western Hockey League, though they often play at the Moda Center. The newest Rose Quarter tenants are the LumberJax of the National Lacrosse League. The city still holds the lease to the land and owns the Coliseum, but the Moda Center and other buildings were owned by private business interests until they went into receivership. The area is quite active during the teams’ home games, and the city hopes to extend the activity by promoting a major increase in residential units in the quarter using zoning and tax incentives.
At the base of Northeast where its border meets Southeast, an area near the Burnside Bridge has been redeveloped into a bustling nightlife and entertainment district. The area features bars like The Chesterfield and music venues like The Doug Fir Lounge. In 2006, the area was established enough to get its own nickname: LoBU.
Southeast Portland stretches from the warehouses along the Willamette through historic Ladd’s Addition to the Hawthorne and Belmont districts out to Gresham. Southeast Portland has blue-collar roots and has evolved to encompass a wide mix of backgrounds. The Hawthorne district in particular is known for its hippie/radical crowd and small sub culturally oriented shops; not far away is Reed College, whose campus expands from Woodstock Boulevard to Steele Street, and from the 28th to the 39th Avenues.
Between the 1920s and the 1960s, Southeast was home to Lambert Gardens. Southeast Portland also features Mt. Tabor, a cinder cone volcano that has become one of Portland’s more scenic and popular parks. Peacock Lane is a street known locally for lavish Christmas decorations and displays.
Albany has a home rule charter, a council–manager government, and a full-time unelected city manager. The city provides the population with access to over 30 parks and trails, a senior center, and many cultural events such as River Rhythms and Mondays at Monteith. In addition to farming and manufacturing, the city’s economy depends on retail trade, health care, and social assistance. In recent years the city has worked to revive the downtown shopping area, with help from The Central Albany Revitalization Area.
PDX shuttle airport know, Albany Municipal Airport is a general aviation airport on the eastern edge of Albany and has been open since 1920 and is believed to be the oldest operating airfield in Oregon. In 1998, the airport became the first airport in Oregon to be named to the National Register of Historic Places, and was the City of Albany’s fourth National Historic District, and has been home to parts of the Northwest Art & Air Festival since its first air show in 1931. It has a single runway with the specs of 16–34 3,004 X 75, and is an asphalt runway. The closest airports with commercial air service available are the Eugene Airport to the south and the Portland International Airport to the north.
The station itself was constructed in 1909 for the Southern Pacific Railroad and is built of masonry. It is one of the oldest continuously operating passenger rail stations in the U.S. and has one of the best-equipped engine shops in the northwest. Southern Pacific 4449, a steam locomotive which resides at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center in Portland, occasionally visited the shop for repairs when it was residing at the Brooklyn Roundhouse in Portland (before 2012), as did several other locomotives stored at the now-demolished roundhouse. Beginning in 2004, the station and the surrounding area underwent an $11.3 million restoration that was funded with a combination of federal, state, local, and Amtrak money. In 2006 the city received the Award in Downtown Excellence from the Oregon Downtown Development Association for the renovation of the station.
Public transportation within Albany is provided by Albany Transit System (ATS). Connections to Corvallis are provided by bus service via the Linn-Benton Loop and the Valley Retriever Thruway inter-county bus systems. ATS, the Linn-Benton Loop, and the Valley Retriever all provide bus service to and from the Amtrak station.
Albany has both the Ellsworth Street Bridge which was constructed in 1926 and the Lyon Street Bridge bridge that was constructed in 1973. They are both two-lane bridges that make up part of U.S. Route 20. The two bridges connect Linn to the south with Benton County in the north as they pass across the Willamette River. This makes up the major connection of downtown Albany with the north end of town and to Corvallis.
Albany has made a growing effort to increase itself as a bicyclist friendly town through increasing the number of paths and trails that are open to them. The city was recently recognized as a Bicycle-Friendly Community for 2010 by the League of American Bicyclists for its efforts.
Albany is served by Samaritan Albany General Hospital, a 76-bed medical facility that is the main hospital for the city and has been in operation since 1924. Albany is also served by Samaritan North Albany Urgent Care and Geary Street Urgent Care, both of which are part of Samaritan Health Services. The unaffiliated Albany Family & Specialty Medicine also provides medical services to the community.
In the historic era, the area of the Willamette Valley that makes up modern-day Albany was inhabited by one of the tribes of the Kalapuya a Penutian-speaking, Native American people. The Kalapuya had named the area Takenah. a Kalapuyan word used to describe the deep pool at the confluence of the Calapooia and Willamette rivers. A variation of the place name can also be written as Tekenah.
The Kalapuya population in the valley was between 4,000 and 20,000 before contact with Europeans, but they suffered high mortality from new infectious diseases introduced shortly afterward. The tribes were decimated by a smallpoxepidemic that raged through the Pacific Northwest in 1782–83. A malaria outbreak swept through the region between 1830 and 1833. It is estimated that as many as 90 percent of the Kalapuya population died during this period. That, coupled with the treaties signed during the 1850s by the Kalapuya to cede land to the United States, left the area nearly free for European Americans to settle.
The first European American settler arrived in 1845; Abner Hackleman was a farmer from Iowa. Taking up a land claim for himself, Hackleman asked Hiram N. Smead to hold another for him until his son arrived from Iowa. In 1846, a year after arriving in Oregon, Hackleman died while returning to Iowa to fetch his family. In 1847 a pair of brothers, Walter and Thomas Monteith, settled in the area, after traveling by ox team along the Oregon Trail from their native state of New York. They were a family of early prominence in the area; in 1848, they bought a claim of 320 acres (1.3 km2) from Hiram Smead for $400 and a horse; they plotted out 60 acres (240,000 m2) for the town site. They named the city “Albany” after their hometown of Albany in New York. During the same period, Hackleman’s son Abram reached his father’s original land claim and built a log house in an oak grove still known as Hackleman’s Grove. He later built a house, which still stands at the corner of Fifth and Jackson. The small settlement that formed on the Hackleman land became known as the community of Takenah in 1849.
Sidewheel steamboat Occident, at Albany, near Red Crown Mills
View of bucolic Albany during the decade of the 1880s.
In 1871, the trains first reached Albany, connecting it to other towns in the valley. The arrival of the first train was celebrated as the greatest event in Albany’s history. Albany businessmen raised $50,000 to ensure that the rails would be built through the city, instead of bypassing it a few miles eastward. The train brought the farmers’ markets closer to the city, as stagecoaches and steamboats gave way to the railroad. The world’s longest wooden railroad drawbridge was built in 1888 for the Albany-Corvallis run. By 1910, 28 passenger trains departed daily from Albany going in five directions.
In 1916 Kuo-Ching Li, a Chinese-American engineer, founded Wah Chang Trading Corporation in New York State, but it was based in Albany. He developed it as an international tungsten ore and concentrate trading company, leading the company until his death in 1961. He served as president until 1960 and then board chairman 10 years later PDX shuttle airport created.
The U.S. Bureau of Mines established a research center on the former Albany College campus in 1942, focusing on the development of new metallurgical processes. First known as the Northwest Electro-development Facility, the site produced titanium and zirconium. It fostered the growth of a new rare metals industry in Albany, led by internationally recognized companies such as the Oregon Metallurgical Company, Oremet, and Wah Chang. In the 1970s, Albany attempted to extend its city limits to include a zirconium processing plant of Wah Chang Corporation in order to increase its industrial tax base. Wah Chang responded in 1974 by sponsoring a vote to incorporate the desired properties as Millersburg. When the Bureau of Mines closed in 1996, the facility was transferred to the United States Department of Energy‘s Office of Fossil Energy. In 2005 the facility became part of the National Energy Technology Laboratory.
The name Bethany was first applied to a crossroads trading center about two miles northeast of the current location, where a Presbyterian church stands today. The area was first settled by Ulrich Gerber, who came from Switzerland in the mid-1870s. Gerber helped establish the first post office in the area in 1878, about a mile east of the current Bethany School, and suggested the name Bethany. “Bethany” is a Hebrew word, originally applied to a place in Palestine near Jerusalem, and used as a place name all over the United States, especially in connection with a church. The post office was discontinued in 1904. The area’s first public library was opened in July 2007 by a non-profit organization named the Cedar Mill Community Library Association, which has operated a library in nearby Cedar Mill since 1976. It is considered a branch of that library and is named the Cedar Mill Community Library @ Bethany. The area became a census-designated place after the 2010 Census.